O.B. BOX Tricaster HD
mobile video studio HD, SD with virtual studio capability
ATTENTION! (the Tricaster 300 you see in the photos has been discontinued and has been replaced by the model 410)
O.B. Box Tricaster HD is an amazing portable TV studio which, thanks to Tricaster 300 (your own choise) the hearth of this system, is able to create a perfect virtual studio HD (1080i e 720p) with 3 cameras, real-time chromakeying, live titling, audio mixing, live video streaming and more in HD.
- Live events (sport, art, political);
- Dedicated studio during international TV transmissions: (soccer, F1, Motorcycling etc);
- Advertising, television spots, telesales;
- Documentaries and journalistic reports;
- Production of video and industrial video;
- Short and full-lenght film;
- Interviews and debates;
- Live concerts and realization of musical videoclips;
- Inaugurations, shows, seminairs and congresses;
- Student, technical and sanitary personnel training;
(click on photo
- Virtual sets;
- Surgical videos;
- Weddings, fashion parades;
- TV shots in cult sites;
- Live streaming and Webcasting;
- Community access e PEG facilities;
- TV Stations.
The installed equipment:
- Tricaster 300 (NEWTEK);
- Live Control LC11 (NEWTEK);
- Ultrazone ZMX 8210 Zone 8 Channel Audio Mixer (BEHRINGER);
- 2 /4 Wires Genius Intercom. listen amplifier and tally (ELMAN);
- 4.3" Quad LCD monitor OSEE model RMS4342-HSC for HD/SD-SDI and analog signals;
- 19” LCD Monitor V193 (ACER);
- ACK-595 Mini Keyboard (SUPERTRONIC);
- Trackman MarbleTrackball (LOGITECH);
- Back patch panel with all audio (XLR) and video (BNC) connectors for connection to Tricaster TCXD300 HD;
- Lighting through 3 high-efficiency white LEDS in the front area, back area and internal area;
- Power supply panel for control energy distribution with protection through magnetothermal and differential switcher.
TriCaster™ 300 Portable Live HD Production <--- brochure Tricaster 300
(click on photo
NewTek Tricaster 300 + Minikeyboard ACK-595 (SUPERTRONIC) +
Trackman Marble Trackball (LOGITECH)
High definition (HD), live, multi-camera video production no longer exists only in the realm of big television studios or giant production trucks with banks of monitors, miles of cables, tape machines, video recorders, video effects generators, titling stations, audio mixers and more. Today, all of that power, quality and potential exists in a 20-pound box small enough to fit in a backpack with the flexibility for one person or a small team to deliver network-quality video. TriCaster™ 300 makes it possible for you to broadcast, project, live stream or record full HD programming.
TriCaster 300 is a high definition, network-quality portable live production solution. In one small box you gain multi-channel HD switching, HD network-style virtual sets, HD titling, HD digital disk recording, audio mixing, HD editing, full HD streaming and more.
Pristine Video and Audio
- End-to-end HD 1080i video pipeline, including effects and virtual sets
- Video processing employs 32-bit floating-point precision, 4:4:4:4 video processing and component (YCbCrA) color (well beyond industry standard 10-bit)
- Four-channel audio processed at 48 kHz, 32-bit floating point
- Extensive audio input/output flexibility including Embedded SDI on all video channels, four channels of AES/EBU, and professional level balanced XLR/phone connectors
- All video inputs can be Proc-Amped, keyed and frozen, including titles and DDRs
- Integrated full field rate Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope with full color beam tracing
- Individual processing controls for both Main and VGA outputs
- Pristine capture of video or stills with support for full 4:2:2 up to 1920 x 1080 resolution at very high bit-rates
- Next-generation optimized user-interface design with key live production tools readily available, supported by the ability to quickly access controls to configure each source
Virtual Inputs and Live Virtual Sets
- Five Virtual Input functions, each similar to advanced mix/effects bus with positioning and overlay capabilities
- Use "virtual cameras" by populating multiple Virtual Inputs from a single camera source (and switch between them)
- Each source has a Proc Amp, keying, garbage matte and alpha channel support
- Layer up to five live video or CG sources (internal or supplied by network)
- Independent zoom and pan controls for each source that make composition and camera placement easy
- All Virtual Inputs provide an additional overlay channel with independent transitions and scaling capabilities
- Insert live video inputs into live virtual sets with ease
- Zoom the virtual camera smoothly and easily either interactively, or using automatic control to user specified zoom preset levels
- Presets provide quick convenient access to numerous Virtual Input setups
- HD-SDI and HD component plus SD-SDI, component, Y/C and composite input/output
- Mix source resolutions and aspect ratios (including HD and SD video)
- Simultaneous HD and SD video output with Proc Amp control
- iVGA™ supports unlimited networked computers as live inputs to the switcher
- Simple live HD streaming with Adobe® Flash® or Windows Media® in either push or pull
- Record 18 hours of full HD 1080i video in high quality 100Mbps I-Frame only MPEG at up to 4:2:2 color precision
- Genlock input for broadcast system integration supports bi-level and tri-level references
- On-screen ISO monitoring for all switcher inputs (internal and external)
- Enhanced secondary video output for projector or second monitor (up to 1920 x 1200) with sophisticated full field-rate defielding and scaler processing offers varied displays including Program, Preview, Effects, all ISO sources, Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope, and more
- Dedicated upstream overlay with transitions with per source positioning, scaling, and color processing
- Two additional downstream overlay channels with individual transitions, scaling, position, keying and alpha channel
- Sophisticated control system for transitions, automated playback, overlays and more
- Next generation LiveMatte™ HD for incredibly clean real-time keying with advanced spill suppression and garbage matte controls.
- Convenient user presets available throughout the live production environment, including DDR playlists, Virtual Inputs, and audio mixers
- Integrated audio mixer with audio-follows-video and talk-over options
- Auxiliary audio output supports external mixing of sound from integrated media players for easy integration with complex audio installations and external mixing
- Edit title pages live, including changes to fonts, text sizes, graphic replacement and more
- Media player autoplay allows easy on-air cue of titles, video clips, sophisticated count-down capabilities and more
- DDR provides real-time dynamic playback speed control for clip playback
- New session system allows convenient storage and recall of complete configuration and playlist setups for different shows, locations and more
- Easy access to every important control during live production
- Support for LiveControl™ LC-11 hardware switcher
- Extensive file format support simplifies media import
- Integrated professional HD CG/Titling and real-time HD editing capabilities
Newtek LC11 LiveControl (T-Bar)
Newtek LC11 LiveControl (T-Bar)
For a physical connection to each input during your live presentation.
LC11 LiveControl with large, back-lit, easy-to-read buttons allowing for easy transition from one source to the next without looking down or using a keyboard or mouse. All camera, picture, video, and network sources can be placed on either the Live or Preview row. Quickly choose your title, picture, or transition using the rotary dials. Use the T-bar to manually transition sources.
Large back-lit buttons are offered for preview, program and M/E selection.
- Physical Connection Mixing consoles such as this allow the user to feel more like a standard live studio and offer a physical connection to each input.
This device utilizes back-lit buttons, joysticks and T-bars to control selection, camera setting, insert postion, transition and transition speed.
This console offers an upgrade from previous versions to match with higher end Tricaster system functionality.
This device improves accuracy for fast paced productions, offers tactile control and allows director to maintain focus on the show.
(click on photo
to enlarge) - from top:
1) Quad 4.3 ” LCD TFT OSEE model RMS4342-HSC
2) Ultrazone ZMX 8210 Zone 8 Channel Audio Mixer
3) 2 /4 Wires Genius Intercom. listen amplifier, tally (ELMAN)
4) LC11 LiveControl (NEWTEK) T-Bar Controller Console
Behringer Ultrazone ZMX 8210 Zone 8 Channel Audio Mixer
A professional 8-channel audio mixer with rack mountable which can distribute music programming and announcements to up to three zones (rooms).
It can be used with any microphone, including professional-grade condenser mics, thanks to the onboard phantom power. The eight input channels are equipped with high-quality mic preamplifiers for absolutely pristine sound quality. A master 4-band equalizer is provided to ensure voice intelligibility and address any potential feedback problems. Moreover if you need more than eight channels, two ZMX8210s can be linked together, providing a total of 16 inputs.
- Ultra-flexible and easy-to-use zone mixer with remote control ports for commercial sound systems and fixed installation applications;
- 6 ultra-low noise Mic/Line inputs with Gain control, -20 dB Pad, Level/Clip indicator, +48 V phantom power and bus-assign switches;
- 2 selectable high-headroom stereo inputs with mono/stereo switch;
- Channel 1 provides variable threshold to enable automatic bus mute for announcements, etc;
- 3 assignable outputs (Left, Right and Aux) with individual Master controls and 5-segment LED meters;
- Ultra-musical 4-band master EQ and global microphone low-cut filter for perfect sound adjustment;
- Left, Right, Aux and Mute bus links available including Master/Slave switch for connecting multiple units;
- Remote master Left/Right level control port for ultimate flexibility;
- Select switch for routing microphone bus post remote control;
- Integrated channel muting system with Priority select;
- All inputs/outputs on Euro-type connectors;
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life.
Elman 2/4 Wire Genius Intercom
This apparatus (in the center) has 3 distinct functions: Intercom, Listen Amplifier, Tally.
The first is a 7 channels full/duplex and semi/duplex intercom with return modulation and input for external producer.
The intercom has three 2 wire channels (for the video cameras) and four 4 wire channels to speak, for example, to an external producer, recording rooms, external o.b.van, etc...
Listen Amplifier and compact stereo speaker system
An Audio/listen amplifier of the TV Studio is located inside the intercom and the volume is adjusted by PROGRAM control.
The audio diffusion of the O.B. BOX Tricaster HD is performed by a couple of loudspeakers located inside, on the back of apparatus.
The RMS output power is 5 watt.
In the Genius Intercom is also placed the system of sending tally informations for 4 cameras; this signal is transmitted trough the 2 wire audio line sent to beltback terminals (optional) of cameramen
ACER V193 - Collapsible and tiltable 19" LCD Monitor
4.3" Quad LCD monitor OSEE model RMS4342-HSC for HD/SD-SDI and analog signals
Is a 2U high rack mountable LCD monitor of our represented Osee that offers video
and audio monitoring with high resolution of 480x270. The unit is equipped with
full digital processing technology, and its screens feature anti-glare. The model
accepts HD-SDI, SD-SDI and analog composite signal. A high display quality of
all video signals can be ensured by full digital processing. The precise scaling
chip as well as Gamma correction is a guarantee for high quality display image.
- Auto-Sensing HD/SD-SDI, Composite signal;
- Embedded Audio Support, 4 or 8 Channels Audio Meters (VU & PPM);
- H/V Delay; Under Scan; Safe & Area Marker; Aspect Ratio; Blue Only; Tally;
- 1 Pair Audio Monitoring via Headphone Jack;
- Waveform and Vectorscope display for SDI signal;
- Dynamic UMD supporting TSL and Image Video protocol;
- Gamma and color temperature correction;
- OSD Tally support;
- LED Tally support
Acer 19” LCD Monitor V193 (WLBMD)
It’s an up and over monitor to improve the view angle. When the studio is put in the container for the transport the monitor is closed horizontally. The V193 monitor has clear details and bright images.
Thanks to 50.000:1 high contrast ratio, to 5ms response time and to 300 cd/m2 brightness it’s the ideal monitor for viewing contents in high definition.
Integrating a two CCFL lamp system instead of four resulting in a simplified connector and inverter power board design, cutting power consumption by 50 percent.
Image smoothing and color scaling with automatic adjustments for a fast and easy personalization of view according to work needs.
This monitor is interfaced directly with control output of Tricaster Studio.
ACER V193 - 19" LCD Monitor - (click on photo
- Display Size: 48 cm (19") Wide TFT LCD, 408X255 mm;
- Panel Technology: TN + film
- Max Resolution: 1440 x 900 ;
- Pixel pitch: 0.283 mm ;
- PPI: 90;
- Horizontal Frequency: 30~80KHZ;
- Vertical Frequency: 55~75HZ;
- Contrast ratio: 50.000:1 ;
- Image brightness : 300cd/m2;
- Response time: 5ms;
- Colours: 16.7M;
- NTSC Colour situation 72%;
- Viewing Angle CR 5:1 176° / 176°;
- Viewing Angle CR 10:1 160° / 160°;
- Multimedia : no;
- Kensington Lock Support: Yes;
- Connections: VGA - DVI;
- Power Consumption: Energy Star® On: 16.5W, Stand By: 0.56W, Off: 0.55W;
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 441.8 x 360.1 x 161.5 mm;
- Weight 4.3 kg
- MTBF Hours: 50000hr/25°C;
- Certifications: UL, CUL, TUV/GS, T-Mark, ISO9241-3/-7/-8, FCC/B, VCCI, CE, TCO03, C-tick,BSMI,WHQL, ISO 13406-2.
Supertronic ACK-595 Mini Keyboard
A reduced dimension standard keyboard with 88-89 keys and numeric keypad.
Logitech Trackman Marble Trackball
A handy trackball, improve control while reducing hand and wrist motion.
The OB BOX Tricaster HD has a lighting system through white light high efficiency 3 led bands. The lighted areas are:
1) front area (all the area of controls which is under the 19” monitor; 2) back area (the area of connectors of the apparatuses and of patch panel); internal area (lighting of frontal panel of Tricaster Studio). The lighting of front and back area is started up and deactivated by the opening and the closing of front door (with minikeyboard and trackball mouse).
rear of O.B. Box Tricaster HD (click on photo
to note the 3 leds with white light for the illumination of the back of O.B.Box Tricaster HD
Flightcase container for transport
In order to facilitate the transport and protect the O.B.Box Tricaster HD, a shockproof special container is available constructed observing IATA norms.
The dimensions of flightcase container are (in mm.): 650 (W), 700 (H), 700 (D).
The weight of flightcase container is: 18,40 Kg.
ELMAN is able to furnish all the necessary equipments for use of O.B.Box Tricaster HD: video cameras, VCRs etc...
In accordance with constant improvement policy of products, El.Man (Elettronica Mangione) reserves the right to modify without notice and at any time, features and prices of its own apparatus.